The Medical Team
The DESC school nurses are Jill Riding, Raylene Whitehouse and Perly Pantig. The DESC school doctor is, Dr. Robia. The medical team are here during school hours.
Students are not permitted to carry medicine with them. If your child needs any medicine whilst they are at school, please hand it to the nurses with instructions and it will be stored safely in the clinic.
The nurses have medications for basic ailments at school which can be given if consent is provided.
Please ensure that copies of your child’s immunisation records are given to the nurses. It is a DHA requirement that schools hold a copy of all students' vaccination certificates. We provide vaccination at school according to the DHA schedule, the dates of when vaccinations will be administered will appear on the DESSC Parent Portal/iParent App. We will require written consent from parents before we administer any vaccinations.
The Dubai School Health Services requires that all schools carry out a ‘School Medical Examination’ on Year 7 students, Year 10 students and all new students.
These medicals are free of charge and are carried out by our school doctor. If you would prefer to take your child to your own doctor for the medical examination, please notify the medical team who will give you the appropriate form. The form must be returned to school as this is a DHA requirement.
Parents should maintain awareness and adhere to DHA and school regulations regarding the control of infection.
- Students should remain at home if they have a fever (temperature of 38 degrees centigrade or above), and they must be fever free for 24 hrs before returning to school.
- Students should not be given any medications before school to reduce a temperature.
- Students should not come to school if they have any unexplained rash.
- Students should not come into school if they have vomiting and diarrhoea and must be symptom free for 24 hours prior to returning.
- Parents should inform the school of any diagnosis that may affect the health of the other students in the college.
We have three Student Advisors who work at the school. The Student Advisors work in close conjunction with teachers and medical staff to provide social and emotional wellbeing for all students.
Please do not hesitate to contact the nurses with any questions/queries you may have via the school telephone number or by email:
Jill Riding - [email protected]
Raylene Whitehouse - [email protected]
Perly Pantig - [email protected]