Year 7 to 10 Application Form
Thank you for your interest in Dubai English Speaking College. Please note we are currently closed for the Winter break. Your application/s will be processed during the first week we return from Tuesday the 02nd of January 2024.
Wishing you and your family a safe and enjoyable break.
DESSC Admissions Team
If you are looking for a place in Year 7 commencing September 2024, we are now accepting applications.
Please note that places are highly sought and we have been consistently oversubscribed year on year. We therefore strongly encourage you to apply as early as possible.
DESC is inclusive and maintains a balanced profile for each year group.
Our offers for Year 7 commencing in September 2024 will be issued in 3 waves on the following dates:
|Offer Wave 1||Friday, 29th September 2023|
|Offer Wave 2||Friday, 27th October 2023|
|Offer Wave 3||Friday, 24th November 2023|
Historical data shows that early applications received prior to wave 1 offers being issued on 29th September 2023, are more likely to receive an offer than those made later than 29th September 2023.
College Tours are very popular and need to be booked in advance. If you are interested in booking a tour, please select Y7-10 Tour Form and choose your preferred date.
You will require soft copies of the following documents for each child (pdf format), to upload within the application form
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Copy
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Most recent End of Year Academic Report
- Most recent Mid-Year Report (if available)
- Emirates Identity Card (if available)
- UAE Visa (if available)
- Educational/Psychological Report (if applicable)
- KDHA Formal Language Exemption (if applicable)
Points to note when completing the online application form for entry to DESC in Year 7 to Year 10
- If your child is currently in Year 6 and you are looking for a place in Year 7 commencing August/September 2024 please complete this application form. If the place is for an immediate start, please complete the DESS Year 1-6 application form.
- You can add multiple applicants if you are applying for siblings in Years 7-10. Click on “add new applicant” button after completing the information for each applicant. Only press submit when you have finished adding all applicant details. If you are applying for siblings in other year groups, please complete the relevant DESS or DESC application form(s).
- You will receive an automatic acknowledgement email when your application has been successfully submitted.
- On successful submission of the online Application Form, the Application Fee of AED 525/- will be requested via email.
- An entrance assessment is required as part of the application process.
- If there are no places available at the time of application, applications will be reviewed regularly.
- Successful applicants will receive an offer letter and terms of acceptance by email. To secure the place you must return the terms of acceptance, accompanied by AED 5000 within 7 working days of the date of offer.
- On submission of an online application, you are declaring that ALL information provided is correct and you understand that all application and tuition fees are non-refundable. Failure to disclose important information may result in your application being withdrawn.
- When there is two parents/guardians the email address MUST be a different email address for each parent/guardian.
- Admission is at the discretion of the school.
If you have any issues completing the online form, please contact [email protected] or telephone Anki Casas, Admissions Support, +971 (0) 4 360 4866 Ext. 252